datapitstop » Grant County Government, Indiana » Health Department » Vital Records »FAQDirectory
401 S Adams St
Marion, IN 46953
Phone: 765-651-2401, ext. 5
Fax: 765-651-2419
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
How can I add the father of my child to his or her birth certificate?
If the birth occurred in Grant County and there is currently no father listed on the birth record the mother and the biological father need to contact our office to schedule an appointment. We can then produce, process and file a Paternity Affidavit which will add the fathers name to the birth certificate. Both parents are required to appear in person and to have their state ID and Social Security Card with them at that time.

If the parents are married, we will also need a copy of the marriage license.

There is a $40.00 fee for this service.

Back Home